Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars Recipe

This has been one of my favorite treats since I was a little girl and my girls love it just as much!  Not to mention my big {strong} husband!  Definitely one of those recipes that you should pass around and never lose.

Memaw made these when she was visiting the Island and I decided that I just had to share this wonderful recipe with you!

Peanut Butter Bars
Cut together
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (we prefer creamy, but crunchy would work too)
3 cups powdered sugar
Add
9 graham crackers (crushed)
3/4 cup butter (melted)
Press in pan
this part is kinda up to you:
if you want thick bars use a 9x9 or if you want thinner bars use a 13x9
(the bigger pan seems to stretch the recipe if you're trying to serve a lot of people)
Top it
1/2 cup peanut butter
9 ounces of chocolate chips
Melt together and spread over with back of spoon.  Cool in fridge and cut into bars.
(I used some of the scrapings from the bottom of the pan to sprinkle on the top for the pictures)

Your mouth never had it so good!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

How easy is THAT?!!! My husband would LOVE these. Madie can't have PB but i'm thinking an afte rthe girls go to bed snack is in order around here! =) Thanks for sharing- love simple yummy recipes!

Alison said...

Oooh these look amazing, this might just be the treat I make with the kids tomorrow!

Alison
x

Dixie n Dottie said...

These looks super delish and sound easy! Can't beat that! Thanks for sharing!
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...