Friday, August 28, 2009

I serve a Real God

I just want to praise the Lord for what He has in store for my life! In America, you can get so caught up in just living and being busy. In Jamaica, life is slower, and there's enough danger that you rely so much on God and you have to look to Him for your daily bread. God became so much "realer" in my life when we became missionaries. Thank you, God.

I am in the middle of my 3rd yard sale. I really thought I would feel worse and be more emotional about parting with so many possessions. But no tears here! I'm really excited about the adventure we'll be soon starting. And my biggest treasures are going with me...Joshua, Moriah, Alexis, and Eden. :) Even the prospect of no furniture til we can afford it, honestly doesn't bother me. I've always enjoyed a good challenge. We had an amazing day yesterday and sold more then I even dreamed possible! Then I woke up this morning to drizzling rain that had seeped into the tarps and drenched everything! A little discouraging, but my wonderful husband helped me sort, mop, restack, mop, rewash and reorganize everything. Now I'm happy and praying for a sunshiny day tomorrow to "set up shop again!"

1 comment:

Christina Zimmerman said...

Glad you had such a good turnout!!I'll miss you and I'm so glad I got to spend so much time with you this last week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...