Thursday, November 26, 2009

The tears came today


November 18, 09
I didn’t cry when I told my family goodbye. Not when I gave my dad our last hug in August. Or when I hugged Monica good bye. And when Rachel and Jessica came with mom to Louisiana my eyes watered, but I didn’t cry. So why now?
In a few days we will have been here for a whole month. I really enjoy Island life. And I’m very content taking care of my daughters and husband. Still, today we are at the house in the north shore. I love this house, It’s beautiful with a breathtaking view. I feel very safe here. I’m not going to go into detail, but I’m ready to be settled. To put MY kitchen things on a shelf. To have a real dresser...not a suitcase. To not have to tell my kids, “we’re moving in a couple days” all the time. I’ve been patient 4 1/2 years. Lord, I need your presence in a special way today.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I know those tears! I'm praying for you, Maria! May our sweet Heavenly Father wrap His arms of immeasurable love around you and bathe you in His grace and peace!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...