Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cooking Green Beans on the Ironing Board!

Thursday night we were making lasagna with mincemeat (a whole other story), and fresh green beans. When the lasagna noodles were not quite done, my m-i-l noticed that the flame had gone out on the stove top. Hummm. Better now then after I made a huge lasagna. So we improvised and cooked a small lasagna in my toaster oven and I had to cook the green beans on the hot plate. My generation might not know what a hot plate is...I didn't before coming to Jamaica. I'd only heard of it on the Andy Griffith show! And because the two appliances kept blowing my breaker, I had to cook the green beans on the ironing board in the laundry room. Gotta love. Dinner was great! And Josh will refill the gas tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...