Saturday, my friend Jannice came over to teach me how to make Jamaican fruitcake.
Interesting and fun afternoon.
I think it's pretty, but my girls thought it smelled funny.
When the recipe called for Nutmeg, I grabbed mine out of the cabinet.
Jannice wouldn't use that! She took a "real" one out of her bag and grated it.
This was interesting to me.
The batter is the right "texture" when the spoon stands up straight in the middle!
A few weeks ago Jannice gave me some of her Orange Carrot Cake.
Best Carrot Cake ever!
Jannice's Orange Carrot Cake Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup salad oil
1 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup nuts, chopped
1. Wash, peel, section and deseed orange and cut into chunks. Remove seeds and white center Puree in blender.
2. Stir together unsifted flour, sugar, baking podwer, and soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Add oil, orange puree and eggs and mix thoroughly. Bend in carrots and nuts
4. Pour into greased and floured 8" baking pan
5. Bake in a moderate oven at 180 deg C (350 deg F) for 1 hour or until done.
count your blessings
#120 a friends to smile with
#121 a belly growing with a miracle inside
#122 yummy cake out of the oven