Sunday, December 23, 2012

scent of cinnamon ornaments recipe

I Love the smells of Christmas...but none is so homey to me as spicy cinnamon.
A {kinda} Christmas tradition with our family is cinnamon & applesauce ornaments.
I'd forgotten how easy to make and how wonderful
 {and-down-right-cozy} they make the room smell.
this recipe is really tricky!
are you ready?
Cinnamon & Applesauce Ornaments Recipe
1. mix well together equal parts of regular applesauce and cinnamon
example: 1 1/2 cups applesauce and 1 1/2 cup cinnamon
2. I place stiff dough on metal cookie sheets
 and let the kids flatten it with their fingers.
about 1/2 inch thick is nice.
  Too thick and it takes to long to dry.  To thin and they break easy.
3. Cut shapes with cookie cutters and place all on a tray to dry.
4.  I turn my oven on about 350 and get it warm
 meanwhile I cut holes in the ornaments with a straw top.
I shut the oven off and place the tray with cut ornaments inside.
NOTE: Baking is optional, because they will dry and harden on the counter after 2 days.

I just like placing them in a nice warm oven 'cause
they make the house smell like....well, Christmas!
oh, yes!  I forgot to mention we kinda princess-y them up a little
 by sprinkling snow white glitter on them before letting them dry!
  So pretty by the twinkling lights of the tree!


what are your favorite traditions?

2 comments:

Jessica Curtis said...

I just found this recipe...a little late, but I can't wait to make some for next year!

Marie said...

We made these for the first time this past Christmas!!! They fill your home with the best aroma :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...