Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We are Jamaicans





Thursday, December 3, 09
I burnt my hand on a pot today. Josh had been working on the stove trying to light the pilot light and then making sure the gas was coming in ok. About 10 minutes later, I reached for a skillet on the top to put it away and the handle was hot....really hot. I cried like a baby.
Someone asked Eden if she was Jamaican today as a joke. Moriah turned to me and said, “We are Jamaicans, aren’t we mom?” Precious. The girls are my lifeline. Somedays....most days....I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have them to take care of, clean up after, and fuss over. I’m so thankful for Moriah, Alexis, and Eden.
We drove from the north shore to Spanish Town today. We didn’t get started till dusk and I was not at all excited about the prospect...ok ..maybe a little fearful. But we arrived home all right. I just don’t want to drive over the mountain in the dark very often.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...