Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mom would be proud

Saturday, 15, 2010

We bought some chickens from a lady friend who raises them. She told us that she only had one with the insides out, so she gave us one with the insides and one without the insides. She just handed us the 2 frozen chickens in a black plastic grocery bag. I brought them home and put them in a big bowl of water to thaw out....in the back of my mind, I was worried about what was inside the chicken....and removing it with my own little hand! A few hours later, I drained the last of the water from the now thawed body and held one up in front of me. I might as well get it over with, so I felt around inside of it...empty. I picked up my next suspect...empty inside also. Am I missing something? So I called mom. :) What would we do without them? Mom convinced me that I had just gotten 2 empty chickens. Praise the Lord.

Before now, in my married life, I’ve always bought chicken’s precut, except those that I’ve cooked whole and picked the meat off the bone. So I was exhilaratedly proud of myself when I’d cut up both chickens. All in a day’s work.


I Learned: Cutting up a chicken is easier with a really sharp knife!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...