Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Good Day's Work

The first half of the day was spent laying around in front of the fan.  With the occasional trips to the clothes line to "hang out".  The rumbling of the machine was not music to my ears today.  I had a wonderful surprise when my clothes line snapped and all my clean wet clothes fell to the ground.  I had to bite my lip.  I was good and didn't lose my cool (haha....what cool????), but believe you me, I wasn't singing zippity-do-da as I unpinned all the clothes and went to hang them on the veranda.

My body is back into the "oh, yeah I'm pregnant mode".  I'm sure hoping I can snap back out of it soon.  Right now, I'm just plain tuckered out {long exaggerated sigh...smile}.  The sad thing is you can't even enjoy a good nap when it's so hot.

After lunch, I sloshed some cold water on Eden and took a quick cold shower myself.  We laid down on my bed to rest.  With the fan pointed straight at me, I felt kinda like the pig at a southern bbq.  You know the picture of the pig being turned over the fire?  Every few minutes I would rotate to let my sweaty side dry in the fan and then turn over again.  Eden fell right to sleep....my kids are immune to heat.  But, strangely,  not the cold.  Yesterday, I woke up to a cool 82 degrees breeze....heavenly.  Moriah came in the kitchen and told me she woke up freezing!  I felt her forehead.  (smile) 

Forsaking the thought of escaping into Never-Never Land, I got out of bed and went into the kitchen to see if there was anything tempting to eat in the freezer.  Staring into it's misty sanctuary I tried to overcome the temptation to climb in.  Visions of Lucy Ricardo with ice cycles dangling off her chin brought a smile to my face.  {I love Lucy!!!}  Ok, ice cubes or a frozen chicken wasn't going to satisfy my craving.  To solve this problem, I gathered the princesses and we made a .....(actually we made a big mess!!!)....but we also made a huge batch of chocolate and vanilla pudding pops to stick in the freezer.   Everyone had a job...down to Princess Eden sticking in the popsicle sticks.  

Alexis and her dish rag apron.  {cutie}
We made a total of 19 cups.

Moriah smiled at me, with chocolate smear on the side of her face and said, "Now that's what I call a good day's work."  Me too!
  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...