Saturday, October 16, 2010

How Do You Pass On a Godly Heritage?

One thing {that I'm so thankful my little princesses have} is 
a family full of wonderful Godly woman.  

The princesses are pictured here with their 
Great-Grandma Johnny Wesley.  
Affectionately called Maw Maw Lou.  
Maw Maw came over to help us celebrate 
Princess Alexis's {soon to come} 5th birthday.

My girls have 
Grandma Paula McNamar
Grandma Bonnie Wesley
Great-Grandma Grace Starbuck
Great-Grandma Alberta McNamar
Great-Grandma Dorlis Ritchie
 Great-Grandma Johnny Wesley
& Great-Great Grandma Mona Chrisman

v.3) “I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;
v. 4) Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
v.5) When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.” II Timothy 1:3-5



What a huge responsibility falls on a mother's shoulders.  God has not only entrusted me with 3 little princesses but placed me in a family full of Godly footsteps to follow.  I {sincerely} want to continue with the Godly Heritage that I so easily take for granted.

How often do I forgo teaching some trait to my daughters because I'm to busy or so tired?

Does my Lord shake His head at me and wish I would give more of MYSELF to the little girls He's entrusted me with?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...