Saturday, November 6, 2010

In the Woods with Robin Hood

Thursday, October 28, 2010
Walking back into the woods brought back 
lots of memories when I was younger in the same woods.
"Look, mom, a swamp!" Moriah
Alexis loved exploring.  I noticed her sitting in the comfortable grass....just thinking.

One thing I want to deeply install in my princesses is the love of daddy.  Right now, daddy is #1.  He’s their Superman and Prince Charming.  Sure he’s not perfect, but if your husband is....well, I don’t believe you.  Yesterday, he changed the oil filter in the van and then repaired someones flat tire.  Today he is changing someones faucets in their house.  Moriah asked me, “How does Daddy know how to do everything?”  

I want them to keep loving and treating daddy like that until it’s time for my girls to transfer that feeling to their own husbands.  Sometime around the age of 30.....hehe.
That being said....
Ugh...it’s morning again.  It can tell this without even opening my eyes.  The main reason being the children standing around my bed telling me they are hungry.  I’m definitely in the “no sleep” stage of my pregancy.  Mornings always seem to come right when I finally fall asleep.  I stretch my leg over to the other side of the bed....empty.  Yeah, Prince is off in the woods somewhere sitting under a tree .  (His favorite American pastime.)  I’m thinking of changing his name to Robin Hood.  {half-serious}
Now, I have to get up with these children who keep calling me “mother”.  15 or so minutes later find me drinking a very strong cup of coffee and watching the princesses eat their oatmeal.  See...sometimes I serve nutritious food.  
My cell rings.   Why do they keep making them smaller and smaller?  I never seem to leave it in the same place twice.  
Prince’s rugged, excited voice on the phone tells me that he got a 10 point buck with his bow.  {I’m telling you....Robin Hood!}
Now what does a supportive dedicated wife do?  She bundles up her three small children, braves the 40 degree temperatures and heads for the woods.  Yep, that’s right.  And that’s exactly what we did.  {Aren’t you proud?}
Crashing and crushing through the timber we sounded like a herd of elephants.  We’d have been really bad Indians.  Or maybe just really hungry ones.  Finally we found Prince with the deer.  For all you weak {or weepy} ones out there I won’t post any pictures.  But, honestly our daughters weren’t traumatized... they were enamored that daddy killed meat for us.
The girls and I did a bunch of ohhs and ahhhs.  Then came the looonnnng drag of the deer out to the truck.  Those things are very heavy.  It took so long that the girls and I walked ahead and sat down to wait for Prince to catch up.  
I put my camera strap around Alexis’s neck and let her walk around getting pictures from her perspective.  I really love the picture she snapped of me and Eden talking.
Alexis's leaf picture.  I think it is just beautiful.  {sigh}
Mommy and Eden
Life is beautiful,

 

1 comment:

Tinyla said...

I LOVE this post!!! Aaliyah is slowly; but surely becoming a Daddy's girl...and I love it! On another note...as you may have read on my blog, we have guests. I am not sure when or if I will still get to visit you. (SO SAD!!! - but God is still in control) Call me if you can 252-412-9408. Love you much and I am really excited about baby number 4! (I hope it is a boy!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...