Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'll Give Myself

(Tune: Amazing Grace)
Amazing grace, how sweet  the sound,
To those who know the Lord
But what of those who still are bound
And do not have His Word?

The many dangers, toils, and snares,
Through which we daily go,
Are nothing to compare, Oh Lord,
With what the heathen know.

Ten thousand years to sing His praise
Bright shining as the sun,
While lost men suffer endless days,
Their torment never done.

Since grace has meant so much to me,
My zeal must never dim.
I'll give myself, Oh Lord, to Thee,
To take Thy grace to them.

I tore this out of a song booklet, from a missions conference we were in, on deputation.  The song was convicting a few years ago and when I stumbled on it today I wanted to share.  I have no clue who wrote it, but I'm thankful.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I like that! It is very convicting! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...