Friday, January 28, 2011

Magic Get Well Wand

Thursday, Jan 27
Yesterday and today are kinda
 smooshed together like 
two gummy worms on a hot summer day. 
 (No picture needed for that huh?)

Last night was long.
I hate seeing my baby sick.
I hate seeing any child sick.
I wish I had a magic "get well" wand.  I would dance around the children's ward and smack all the little moppets on the head.  La la la....smack.   La la la....smack.

Brynlee had a rough night.  Rougher then me....who was sleeping on a hard vinyl chair that I just realized folded into a hard vinyl bed.  Seriously I was so tired though I probably could have slept leaning against the wall.  

There was a few times during the night that Brynlee's breathing was so bad and strained that she was heaving forward to catch each breath.  Watching her struggling was one of the hardest and most helpless feeling things I've ever had to do.  Wishing I could bury my face in Josh's shirt and have a good cry did no good.  She also got another high fever.  Her night nurse was excellent and he watched her very closely.  My little baby was whiny, grumpy, and lethargic.  

By afternoon, they decided to move her into the ICU.  She was switched to a different type of oxygen and there was almost immediate improvement.  She became more alert and started opening her eyes to watch us.  By 8:30 that night they let me feed her for the first time since 3:00pm the day before.  We skyped Prince and let him talk to Brynlee and watch her for about 20 minutes.

By the way, nothing will make you more grateful or
...humble, then walking thru
 the children's intensive care unit at a hospital.
When did the overlooked blessing of good health
become so forgotten?
Our little loved ones can walk around,
eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fight with their siblings!
God has given us so much to be thankful for!

Mom brought me some clean clothes and my TOOTHBRUSH!  Around midnight I slipped down the hall to take a shower.  The hot water felt so refreshing and soothing that, by the time I got out, I was in such a good mood I didn't even mind that the toothbrush in the bag wasn't even mine.  Honestly I have no idea who's toothbrush it was.  It had been someone's toothbrush...if you know what I mean.  Hot water....you do what you gotta do.  

1 comment:

Tinyla said...

WOW! I can't even imagine. I have to be honest and say that working with Chase has made me a little parenoid about my pregnancies and my children's early childhood; but I can't imagine watching any baby, especially my own stuggling for oxygen. I love you and am praying for you guys often! - Tiny

P.S. You are right, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...