Monday, February 14, 2011

Boxes and Barrels

Feb 8
The princesses and I flew back to Jamaica yesterday!  Memaw Bonnie came with us to stay for a week and help us get re-settled.  Can I tell you, it feels so good to be home!


We went to the dock to pick up our barrels and boxes today.  They were shipped from Miami two weeks ago.  Packing and shipping and unpacking is a HUGE job!

I was extra excited to pick up our items today, because I had a surprise hid inside for Prince.  He is so hard to surprise, but he had mentioned that he wanted a fish tank.  After he left to return to Jamaica I started looking for one to purchase.  I didn't have long because the boxes were being shipped out the next week.  I told my M-I-L... and she told a friend... who told her mother.  It turned out a couple GAVE us a 55 gallon fish tank.  My wonderful bro-in-law went and got it and BUILT a wooden box around it.

On the dock they made Prince and I unload all the containers so they could look through them....then repack them all.   Just before Prince went into the office to be told our customs fee the electricity went out....welcome home.   Business went on as usual and I prayed as Josh went into the dark office.  We were asked to pay a very small amount!  Clearly the work of our Lord.

As you can see in the pictures we had a lot of stuff.  When the truck delivered it to our house, we couldn't just lift down the boxes.  We cut the sides away and carried it all and made big piles in one of the rooms.  Boy, do I have a ton (literally) of things to put away! {groan}

P.s. the princesses are super thrilled to be in their home again.  It's like Christmas each time they find a forgotten toy.  I glanced out the window to see them already have a nursery set up in the front yard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...