Thursday, May 19, 2011

Donut Breakfast Cake

my recipe
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 butter, melted
generous 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
(mix together in a large bowl)

(stir in) 
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour

(I put it in a small square "brownie pan", but I also made it with a tiny muffin pan.  The "cake way" is so much easier!  Place in preheated oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Note: It will still appear shiny!  Don't overcook! 
(pour melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar)
Yes, I use tinfoil when ever possible to cut down on washing pans!  Don't forget to spray the bottom of your pan/foil/muffin tin.

I came up with this the other day 'cause I didn't have anything to serve for breakfast!  It was a huge hit, the princesses ate every crumb.  It was all simple ingredients that I already had!  My oven cooks fast so from pantry to table it takes about 15 minutes.  I love the smell and taste of nutmeg!{rubbing belly}

During school time, I noticed princess Brynlee started "requesting politely" to be picked up out of her bed.  Her very loud little voice echoed through the entire concrete house.  I was surprised to hear that she stopped all of sudden.  When I checked on her...this is what I found.
Aren't sisters wonderful? Eden loves her baby sister so much.  Actually all the princesses adore her.  Prince said that she's not going to walk until she's 2.  Someone is always asking to hold her.  Princess Eden had crawled in the crib and gave her a pacifier.  I guess she was just lonely.  They played together till Eden (with her 3 year old attention span) got bored.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

So cute. Those are precious pictures! And thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

A common sight around here too.... although Eden is a bit reckless so has been banished from climbing into the crib.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...