Thursday, September 15, 2011

T' Time {#30}

I'm just tickled pink to introduce my Take the Time To Guest today!

She is my husband's only sister and she's been one of my closest friends since we first met.
Honest, sincere, and hardworking.
She's beautiful (and doesn't think so).
She's a great mommy to my busy little nephews and niece(who thinks she doesn't do enough).
We share a love of dark chocolate and Reese's Easter Eggs.

My sis-in-law is going to make a great missionary and I'm so very proud of her.

Meet....Heather!  
"I am a wife and mother of two stunningly handsome boys and one very beautiful little girl. My husband and I have been married nearly 6 years and are currently on deputation to go to Hidalgo, Mexico as missionaries. 


Judson is almost 5
 Micah is 3 1/2
Aurelia is 14 mo. 
My favorite thing is dark chocolate! I think every candy bar would be better in dark chocolate! :)

My T time challenge is... 
        Make it a date!
Take the time to let your children know just how special they are to you as an individual. 


My oldest, Judson, is approaching his 5th birthday. Because we are on deputation we will not be home for his actual birthdate. We decided to have an early party for him while we were in town. Me and Judson went out just by ourselves to pick out his present. We made it a date!  We do this more than just for their birthday, but a birthday is an extra special time in their life. Sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of life we forget to cater to our children’s individual needs. When we get a little alone time with them we can see their personalities more, as well as their interest. Judson and I went to the co-op and he picked out a truck and trailer and we walked around looking at cowboy boots, purses, candles, and even artificial (but delicious looking) chocolate covered fruit. You know what I found out about my son? He likes to show his love to others by giving them things. Before he and I even got out of the driveway to go on our date, he had already asked me if we could bring something special, like candy, home for Daddy. Even a few days prior to our date he asked me several times if we could by something for Micah to open at his party so Micah wouldn’t have to be sad. As we were driving to the co-op he told me he wanted to buy me a new purse. I asked him why. He replied, “So you won’t have to use your old red one anymore.” Here we are going to buy him a birthday present and he asked me about buying everyone else something too. 


This has nothing to do with the T time challenge, except to show that when you get alone with your kids, you sure can learn a lot about them. Anyway, after going to the co-op, we went to good ‘ole Wal-Mart to pick out some more things and then we headed to our favorite frozen yogurt shop, Menchie’s. He picked out his own ice cream and toppings while we sat and enjoyed spending time together. I let him just talk my ears off, which he usually does anyway. 


This time there was no little brother or sister to interrupt him. We had a great time and he has already told me he was ready to go on another date.  It really gives them something to look forward to. You will even find yourself looking forward to it.  Jacob even took Aurelia on her 1st birthday to pick out a toy and get ice cream. She may not understand it yet, but it is something I know she will grow to love and look forward to. So go on... show them how special they really are. Make it a date!"


Thanks, sis.  This brings tears to my eyes.  I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post, Heather & Maria! Great ideas...Heather, your family is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wonderful advice and such a sweet post!

Mona said...

I would love to meet you Heather. My husband, Tom and I started two church in Ixmiquilpan and another small town in Hidalgo. We are currently going to work in Chiapas with my in-laws for awhile. We are the oldest of the Sloans. Wondering what part of Hidalgo you are going to. My brother Adam Thompson also started a church in Pachuca, the capital city of Hidalgo. Love to meet you, Mona

Heather said...

You left out our shared love for fall weather! I was thinking about you last night as I sat out on the porch after church enjoying a nice cup of hot cocoa. The high here in NC yesterday was in the 80's but a cool front moved in and last night after church it was very crisp and breezy. Today the high was 54. It was so wonderful; it always makes me think of you and miss you so much! I sure wish you could have been sittin' there with me enjoying some cocoa wrapped up in blanket! I love you and miss you so much!

Heather

Jessi said...

Good to "see" you again, Heather, and yes, your family is beautiful. Hope deputation is going well for you. And thanks for the tip. Great idea! Thanks, Maria, for your T-time posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...