In honor of Eden Grace's 4th Birthday,
we called Grandma Grace and she gave me her Cream Puff recipe.
The princesses and I were super excited to try these...after all they sound so fancy-smancy.
I was so happy with how they turned out, and couldn't believe how easy they really were.
Prince rarely gets excited about food, but he surprised me with how much he liked these
...and even requested them again!
Grandma Grace's Cream Puff Recipe
1. heat to boiling point in a medium saucepan
1 cup water
1/2 cup real butter
2. stir in 1 cup all purpose flour
*key* stir constantly over low heat until mixture leaves pan and forms a ball (approx. 1 minute)
3. Remove from heat and cool until medium warm
4. Beat in (1 at a time) 4 eggs. Beat mixture (briskly) until smooth and velvety
5. Drop by spoon onto ungreased baking sheet in mounds. Makes 8. Bake until dry at 375 degree for about 45 minutes (or less)
6. Allow to cool slowly away from draft. Cut off top with sharp knife. Scoop out any filament of soft dough.
7. Fill with sweetened whipped cream, replace top, and dust with powdered sugar
Optional: fill with Ice Cream, pudding, chocolate sauce, you can tint white filling also!
Grandma's favorite Custard filling
1. Mix together in saucepan
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons flour
2. Stir in 2 cups rich milk, no lumps. Cook over low heat, stirring until it boils, boil one minute.
3. Remove from heat, stir a little of this mixture (1/2 cup) into 4 egg yolks or 2 (well-beaten) eggs.
4. Slowly mix all together in saucepan. Bring back to boiling for 1 minute. Cool, add 2 teaspoons vanilla
(perfect accessory for a princess....tap shoes)
(my party animal)Happy Birthday, Eden!
Thank you so very much for praying for my friend, Jannice. The nurses told her today she has to wait in the hospital for 3 1/2 more weeks then they will try to induce her at that time. They check her temperature every 4 hours. She was told if her temperature goes up then they will have to take the baby early. Please keep her in your prayers.