Saturday, March 17, 2012

curly haired leprechaun

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!  Truly one of my favorite holidays.
  I'm a little embarrassed at my lack of Irish activities and decorations this year.
Moriah made a big bowl of green Jell-0.
Good thing kids impress easily.
The princesses helped me make some chocolate chip cookies with festive sprinkles
 and then we did a few crafts.
 Eden was really proud of her leprechaun man.
  When I showed her how to make curly paper for the beard she was mesmerized.
I'm talking seriously impressed at how paper wrapped around a pencil could do that!
 She wanted to make a mustache and head of hair also.
  I have the feeling I'm gonna find curly paper around the house for a few weeks.
Eden has been working on different shapes in her school work
 and this little guy fit in just fine!

3 comments:

Lorie said...

Love how he turned out! :) Thanks so much for the link! (The cookies look great too.)

NanaDiana said...

How very cute! Don't you love how the simplest things can please a child? xo Diana

Shelly said...

I'm in my 40's and I can still remember being thrilled when I learned to curl paper. :) Thanks for bringing back a sweet memory.

Those cookies are making my mouth water.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...