So the girls and I were in the kitchen and Alexis (it's always Alexis) says, "Mom lets make something chocolate."
Just a note. Alexis didn't speak until she was over 3 years old. Don't misunderstand, she could speak. She just chose to not speak to anyone. But I remember her first word as clear as day…."Chocolate".
So this fine sunshiny day we tweaked our banana bread recipe and made it chocolate. Yes, we did.
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe1. Beat together 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup sugar till fluffy. Add 2 eggs. Stir in bananas and 1/3 cup sour cream.
2. Slowly add 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Just stir until blended. Don't over mix.
3. Separate 1 cup of batter and set back. Pour the remaining batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
4. In a glass bowl heat the chocolate chips for 30 to 45 seconds (this varies). Continue at little intervals until they are melted. Careful blend with the 1 cup of batter you just set back. Pour the now chocolate batter down the center of the regular batter and lightly swirl….if you feel like it.
5. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a uncooked spaghetti noodle comes out not doughy. It won't be clean like a cupcake but you don't want it to be uncooked in center. Note: Cooking times vary on breads in different altitudes.
counting my blessings
7. a flour sifter
8. awesome bread pans (thank you mother-in-law)
9. a gas stove