Sunday, May 25, 2014

someone's gonna find a spider

our church is blessed to have many children.  For some reason we are filled with rough, loud, ornery little boys right now.

there is not a Sunday School class time that I do not have to separate them.
there is not a Sunday School class time when I don't have to raise my eyebrows at them.
Each time I see their shining little faces jump off the church bus I know…
someone's gonna need discipline.
someone's gonna need corrected for something.
someone's gonna poke and tease the girls.
someone's gonna find a spider.



but when the altar time is called
           and 7 little boys gather around Pastor to pray with him…
        you wonder if maybe they're gonna turn out all right.

Thank you, Lord.

note: if you attend Valley Baptist Church and wonder about this post.  I actually wrote it when it happened several months ago and never posted it.

2 comments:

Lou Ann Keiser said...

Terrific! Love those happy, ornery little faces! Some really sweet hearts come inside rascally little boys. Thank you for ministering to them.

Anonymous said...

Adorable. :)



Erika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...