Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top of the Mornin' to You....from the bottom of me Heart.

Anyone who knows me...knows I LOVE Saint Patrick's Day.  I Love every holiday, but St. Patty's day is one of me favorites!
The Girls sitting on their Field of Clovers they discovered beside the house!

I try to make any holiday fun and a special day, so the girls were up with their green on earlier then usual.  Our first craft of the day was finger-painted rainbows with sparkly pots of gold.  Eden particularly enjoyed this.

We found some jello at the grocery store and bought orange and green in honor of Ireland's flag.  They think layered jello is so cool...ok..I'll admit...I think it's pretty awesome looking also.  I made a Bet You Can't Resist It Cake for me....but I'll share.

I made an Irish Calcannon for supper tonight.   If you'd like to see what it is and how to fix it click HERE .     Josh turned up his nose to the smell of cooking cabbage. But it didn't turn out so bad.  I liked it and so did Eden.  Alexis kept complaining that she could feel the green stuff!

May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow
And may troubles avoid you
Wherever you go,
 The Wearin' O' the Green 
Today is the day fer the wearin' o' the green.
Today is the day when the little people are seen.
Today is St. Patrick's Day, so if ye'r Irish me lad,
Join the celebratin' fer the grandest time ta' be had.
Ya' put yer hand up in the air, the other hand on your hip.
Ya' tap yer toe, ya' tap yer heel, ya' bounce yer knee a wee bit.
Ya' prance 'n dance around the room, n' circle one two three.
The saints be praised, I must admit, ya' all look Irish ta' me.




If I didn't know 
      my little leprechauns better 
I'd see they'd been drinking 
            something curiously strong 
as much as they kept cutting up 
                  and giggling...
   and that's no Blarney!





Moriah said,
        "look, Mom, I'm an Irish farmer!"




2 comments:

♥ Amy said...

Maria,
I'm terrible about commenting, but I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog and I really enjoy your photos - especially of your beautiful girlies!
I added you to my "Friends who blog" list recently. I got tired of going back to Julia's blog to catch up with you.
Have a great day!
Amy

raising4princesses said...

Amy, thank you so much. That means a lot to me. You are such an inspiration to me. Your blog is one of my favorites. If I only have a minute to read one, I always choose yours. - Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...