Saturday, August 13, 2011

i'm in love with my Seahorse Stand

Ok, it's pretty obvious 
 I'm addicted to anything a little "fishy"  
I'm blaming it on the salty sea air
This took a lot
hours and hours
days and days 
of sanding to make it properly stripped.
SIDE NOTE: Do you know what happens when you sand wood
in 90 deg
with a slight breeze 
stirring the hot air
 blowing the sawdust back on your glistening skin? 
 I looked like I got in a fight with a bottle of cheap tanning lotion.  

Isn't Prince such a dear?  
Have you ever seen the I Love Lucy episode 
where Ethel tells Lucy 
the best way to get a husband to do something is 
attempt to do it yourself 
and they step in to make sure it's done right?  

BINGO.



Just looking at her now makes me smile...and smile....and smile.  
My sister helped me pick the color and it is soooo perfect.
Can you believe I found these seahorse drawer pulls here?  
I know...wow.  
I had resigned to buying some knobs off ebay 
and waiting for a visitor to bring them.  
When we were in the hardware store choosing the paint I stumbled on these.  
{deep sigh}  Thank you, Lord.
Somewhere on a crafty blog, 
I saw a lady lined her drawers with really nifty paper.
Cute, huh?  I didn't "thunk" it up myself.
 I stored the idea in the back of my 
way-to-crowded memory 
and {again} I love the way it looks.
Loving life,
If you don't remember the other project I made with this discarded treasure you can find it in my You Are My Inspiration Board post.
MakingMaking the World Cuter Blog


13 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, that is beeeeautiful! I'm a new follower of your blog, by the way :)

Unknown said...

love the dresser and the seahorses are beautiful.
lauren

Meggan said...

Beautiful!! Love the color and the nautical accents. I love anything beachy too :) Following you now!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love the dresser and I loooooove the seahorse pulls! Fabulous!

Far Above Rubies said...

Maria, sorry for the delay in getting back to you re: Nav Bar. Try going to your blogger dashboard and find where it says comments. Click on it and scroll down to where it says Comment Moderation. Right below that it asks you to leave your email address if you want comments mailed to you.

This should fix the problem.

I'm so sorry the nav bar presented a problem. Maybe try it again in a couple of weeks

Far Above Rubies said...

P.S. Maria, I love what you did with the dresser. You're amazing.

Blessings,

Jasmine

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

what an absolutely gorgeous piece!!!!! psssst....now i am your newest follower : ) LOL!!!!!! hugs to you and wishing you the stars!!!!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Fantastic find! Can't believe it was a curbside treasure!! Found you via A Beach Cottage and have become your newest follower. Pop on over for a visit if you get time. Tootles, Kathryn
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/07/kitchen-cabinet-transformation.html

Dr Sonia S V said...

The end result was worth all the effort and nice tip to get hubby to chip in!
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Arabella said...

It turned out beautifully! We especially love those seahorse pulls - what a find!

Hope you're enjoying the week :O)

Hugs,
Marie & Liz

Sachiko said...

Love the color! Thank you for linking to my party!

abeachcottage said...

Great transformation! Lovely new colour and the seahorse handles are so cute! Thanks for adding your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays

Good Girl Gone Green said...

WOW WOW~ I love the color. It looks awesome~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...