Friday, August 12, 2011

Things I've learned from Jamaica

took my sister to the airport yesterday
feeling a little sappy

   She had wrote this small list and I thought it was sweet enough to share.
 by my baby sister, Monica Grace


* air conditioning is a complete luxury...don't even get me started about hot running water
* against rumors, it's sweet to wake up to find someone little and sweaty had gotten in bed with you sometime during the night
* the ocean is the most amazing thing God created 
* Don't go into an adventure assuming your going to be afraid. Just jump into the water.  If the danger arises... just swim the other way
* I'm pretty much doomed to have daughters. baby boys don't run too strong in our family
* the best advice given is coming from someone who has been through it
* sisters really are the best friends a person could ever ask for. 
* mosquitoes could care less that you have bug spray on, they take that as a challenge 
*I'm gonna miss my family.

 *happiness isn't having Wal-Mart 3 miles away. It's actually finding applesauce in the store this time
* even glo-in-the-dark irish skin can tan
* you can become a morning person when forced

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, I am sure you're going to miss your sister, I know how it's hard to be so far away, but I am glad you were able to spend some time together...and the list, it's so true :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet note from your sister. I'm sure you will cherish it almost as much as her visit. I'm so glad she was able to visit with you for awhile.

Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog. It is one of my favorites and your jewelry is beautiful!!

Have a wonderful day,
Tina

Bethany said...

You are so blessed to have such a sweet sister that you are so close to in heart! I love the little snippets that she gave. I'm sure it helps you put perspective on some things too when you "hear" her say those things :)

Peace to you as you're missing your sister,
Bethany

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...