Wednesday, January 22, 2014

baby sister's vintage wedding

In December my baby sister became a bride.
I was honored to be able to go back and spend 2 weeks with her,
 helping her prepare for her special day.
  It was so…much…fun.
The ceremony was held in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at the Magnolia Mounds Plantation.
Don't take my word for it…you be the judge.
(Louisiana state capital)
My Sisters
My parents and ALL their kids plus their new son in law
Oh, yeah!  I guess you want to see the groom too?  Ok.






 Again, I say, it was so much fun.
There were some really unique details that added that special touch.

We signed a vintage globe instead of a guest book
 and cards were placed in the old suitcase.

Empty frames were randomly hung from the branches of the old tree.
The reception tables were decorated with random glass vases...painted tiffany blue
and antique books tied with hemp.
The backdrop was yards and yards of lace curtains and tablecloths cut into 2 inch strips.
The unity candle table was our Great-Grandpa's school desk.
Instead of organic birdseed...paper airplanes were used!
this will be an everlasting love,

8 comments:

Keith and Liz said...

Loved the vintage theme. Sisters are great, I have 4 of them, and 2 sister in laws. Beautiful!!!

Rebekah said...

That is so pretty! Looks like something you'd see on Pinterest! Her wedding gown is soooo pretty!!

Jessi said...

Okay, that groom looks awfully familiar. As soon as I saw him, I thought, "Where have I seen him before?" And one of the bridemaids too. Are they by chance Allens??? Or perhaps just look alikes?

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

how unique and pretty!

Chris and Carole said...

What a pretty and unique wedding! I love the picture of the bride and groom with the suitcase. You and your sisters all look alike. I come from a big family too (7 siblings), It's great!

Merry C. said...

Aww! You all look simply stunning! Vintage is perfect for a wedding or anytime at all for that matter! I'm from Louisiana too! Merry from eachlittlebird.blogspot.com

Jills Home Remedies said...

Love vintage - how pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful



erika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...