Friday, March 4, 2011

Princess Chore List (DWWYG) project

For a couple of weeks I've wanted to write up a chore list 
to help us get back in our routine.  
While wondering through the blog world, 
I saw someone use an old muffin tin and decorated it up 
with {love it} modge-podge and scrap paper.  
I had a couple of sad looking cookie sheets that needed some lovin'. 
Every princess has to have her bling...bling! 
My girls decorated the magnets with jewels and glitter and 
a whole lot of modge podge!

The top "chore" is to be happy.  
Let me tell you, it's a big deal to have to take the magnet 
off the happy on the list.
All the {jeweled} magnets are removed each morning 
and you have to earn the right to put them back on.
The yellow chores are "before school" and the orange ones are"before bed". 
And the nifty-est thing about it?  
It sticks to the fridge!  
We love how it turned out!  Don't you?  

Raise your hand if it makes you want to do your chores faster?
  p.s Notice Princess Alexis's "shiner".  She had a bike wreck (no training wheels!).  I was so proud of her, she hit her head on the dirt road and 20 minutes later wanted to go try again!  Pretty spunky.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Want to make my own!!!!

Gail said...

What a cute idea! I'll have to tell my girls about this. who knows...maybe even do it myself with grandkids!

Cassidy said...

HOW GIRLY!!!!! I just love it! That is the cutest chore chart I have ever seen!! How does it stick to the refrigerator when the magnets are off? Creative Mama ;) I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!

Smiles, Cass

raising4princesses said...

thanks for the love ladies!
Cassidy, I put some magnets on the fridge then I put the cookie sheet against them. I didn't have to glue anything on the back it just "stuck" perfectly.

Jessi said...

I love it! Maybe I can make something like that for Seth, but make it look boyish maybe with sticks and stones, etc!

Rhiannon said...

Gorgeous! You made it perfect for little girly girls!

Megan said...

this is a great idea. I wonder if it will work with my husband?

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

That is adorable! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

jess@balancing the dream said...

Love it!!! I will definitely put this idea to good use when my little one gets old enough to do chores!! Thanks for sharing!!

Just Jaime said...

Love the bling!

Amanda said...

This is such a fun way to display their chores, great reuse of a cookie tray!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! I have a couple of princesses that could use something like this. Thanks for sharing!

annies home said...

this is very cute never to early to learn about chores fun makes it better
http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

This is so adorable. I love that the magnets are so sparkly and pretty :)

Travis & Alisa said...

LOVE this! Thanks for sharing at our What I Made Wednesday Linky Party! You had the most views & won free advertising on our sidebar for the next week! Check out the start of a new party tomorrow, grab a button and show us your latest & greatest!

Alisa @ Sweet Peas and Bumblebees

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...