Thursday, December 6, 2012

Crockpot white chicken chili recipe

Recently, were were with our friends Pastor Tim and Lana Stevens.  Lana served this really yummy chili and Prince and I loved it!  Even better when I found out she just put it all in the crockpot!  Lana gave me the recipe and I made it again for our family.  Same thing!  
My kids kept asking for seconds and thirds.  
Even my {nasally voice} "is that a vegetable?" eater!

This is gonna be regular on our family menu.
White Chicken Chili Recipe
from the kitchen of Mrs. Lana Stevens

(approx. 20 servings)
6 (15 1/2 oz) cans Great Northern Beans
3 (5 oz) cans chicken, drained
32 oz. container chicken broth
3 cups (12 oz) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 (4 1/2 oz) cans diced green chilies
2 small onions, chopped fine
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper

DIRECTIONS:
  For Crockpot: Combine all ingredients.
Set on high for 2 hours or until cheese looks melted
 than low or warm until ready to serve. 
For Stovetop:  Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot.
Simmer 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

NOTES: I halfed the recipe to fit in my crockpot.
  But if you were doing it in a big pot on the stove it would fit wonderfully.
I used slightly less green chilies  because I was afraid it would be too spicy.
Next time I will add them all.
  I used black pepper instead of white because Prince Charming likes pepper.
enjoy,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...