Wednesday, February 5, 2014

dirt…glorious dirt

{my dad's voice} "a little dirt under your fingernails never hurt anyone"
I'm not positive but pretty sure my relatives have said this {a time or two} to me.  My parents always made me help in the vegetable gardens growing up.  Picking miles and miles of green beans.

So because my kids love their papa so much… I'm thinking they pretty much live by this rule.  Keeping them clean and sanitized is a full time job.  Not that I need more to do, but it sure keeps things interesting.  Especially with our current water situation.  The water is off 2 or 3 days each week.
Being kids they don't mind at all being dirty.  The dirtier the better.  This particular day they were instructing their baby brother on the fine art of digging for worms.  No, I didn't take any pictures of the little night crawlers they terrorized…even though they begged me.
Meanwhile in Jamaica…this is how we do it.  All my good mixing bowls.  My poor neighbors.
John Truman loves his rubber boots but has not quite mastered the art of keeping them on yet.  Brynlee kept busy just putting his shoes back on.
It's the little things...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...