Thursday, April 21, 2011

T' Time {#1}


"T" Time!  But not the kind in a tea cup.  Want to know a secret?  I don't even like tea...well except for Chai tea.  I'm more of a lemonade kinda' gal.

Take The Time To..... Challenge

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm challenging all you to take a few minutes and make a difference in our children's day.

Ok, we've all been there....kids are driving you crazy.  The minutes in the day are zooming by.  We go from the early morning breakfast rush to the sloppy mess of brushing teeth at bedtime.  Most days I feel like I'm running around in circles from one task to the other.  The weeks pass by and birthdays come and go.   Our babies are growing up.  {whimper...sniff}

Each challenge will be something simple that you can do with your child in just a few minutes.  But hopefully it will be something special that will help you love and appreciate each other more.

"T" Time Challenge {#1}
Teach your child a joke.  A cute simply funny joke.
Kids love to laugh and make you laugh.

Her are a few of our favorites.
What do chickens serve at a birthday party?  Coop-cakes
What kind of dog likes to take a bubble bath?  A Shampoodle
What did 0 say to 8? Nice belt! (thanks, Amy.  That's been a favorite ever since you told me)
How do you catch a squirrel?  Climb a tree and act like a nut

If you do today's challenge I'd love to know!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I will share these jokes with my kids. They LOVE jokes! They have a joke book (a good, clean joke book) that they have read...and read...and reread. Many times they have a joke to tell the grandparents while talking on skype. My parents try to always have one ready for them too.
Anyway, they will enjoy these. Then I'll also try to find a new one to tell them.

I will definitely be looking forward to your "t" posts. What a creative idea! Thanks for the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea, Maria! I've been trying to teach Ally some knock knock jokes lately. She just keeps saying 'who's there?' Over and over! Lol. She doesn't quite get it!

Rosa B. said...

Love it! :)
What did the cookie say to the doctor? "I feel crumby!" ;)
Have a wonderful day!!

Christina Zimmerman said...

Love it..I am all about improving my mom skills. :) Thanks Maria..I am on board..just remind me on Facebook! lol :)

Melissa said...

Such a good idea Maria! Logan loves to make people laugh so he tries to tell jokes all the time =) I am going to teach him the Shampoodle one =)

Anonymous said...

Great idea Maria! Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Such a good idea, Maria! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...